Some are Called

HOME Forums PLAY-BY-POST The Calling Some are Called

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by BerticusMaximus 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #455

    Cu Dearg
    Participant

    Ceara- as you sit down everything goes hazy, then dark. Soon you hear voices, a man and a woman, but you can not make out the words they are saying. next, you see yourself in a simple tavern, then a fine feast hall, then a Lords banquet hall, then a slum bar. The people change in each, except two, a slim man playing a silver harp, and a small, dark haired woman gambling with a gold coin. They both look at you and you hear a strong, calming tenor voice in your head
    “YOU ARE CALLED, BARD”
    You are frozen by the beauty of the voice as the darkness engulfs you

    #457

    Cu Dearg
    Participant

    Ceara(fort save 22, will save 19)- you are the first to awaken, and find yourself on a pallet just south of the door in the same chapel that you had been in, only with out the wear and neglect. In the morning light you also notice other figures in the room, a human woman that looks about two decades old in simple robes prays at the altar, and just to your right of the altar a man in leather armor leans on a bow. At the sound of someone vomiting on your right you turn and see a young human woman on a pallet like your own, wearing a simple tunic, a quick glance the opposite direction shows an elf, but unlike any you have seen before, his skin is black as coal, his hair white, and as he opens his eyes they seem to glow red. He too is on a pallet, and also wears a tunic.
    The man near the altar’s voice has no urgency as he speaks to the young woman Praying. “They are waking up, Lady”
    Aella(Fort save 7, Will save 16)- Your stomach rebelling wakes you up, after you vomit a quick scan of your surroundings shows you to be in the chapel, but it appears to be in good repair and service now, for a man that appears to be nearing 40 stands just south of the Altar where a dark haired woman kneels in prayer just to the north of you a female gnome sits on a pallet similar to the one you lay on, and beyond her, on the other side of the door, what appears to be a male drow (knowledge nature, 20) is just beginning to set upright on another pallet.

    you almost hear a chuckle in the man’s voice as he speaks “They are waking up, Lady”

    Szorzaer(Fort save 19, will save 15)- the sound of someone losing their …breakfast? wakes you. Your eyes adjust quickly to the morning light of the surface. Once adjusted you see yourself in what might be the chapel like room you remember, except now the walls are shaped stone and it is definitely in use. A human woman in simple robes kneels in mumbled prayer at the alter, a tall man with a scimitar on his belt leans on his bow just to your right of it. across the walkway, on the other side of the door from you, a female gnome sets on a pallet while a ..Human?.. female recovers from her bout of nausea just beyond.
    The Man’s voice sounds somewhat rustic and crude to your ears even though you know it is actually the language.
    “They are waking up. Lady”

    #458

    Cu Dearg
    Participant

    All- the woman finishes her prayer and turns to you and speaks
    “I do not know why you were chosen to be Called, or even precisely who Called you, but Called you were. I am Arianne, Chautea Called me here long ago to watch this Chapel. The young man next to me is Riv, there seems to be some confusion as to who Called him, but he watches over the wilds around the p…Chapel.”

    “Pretty boring actually” the tall man says, “Haven’t even had a goblin raiding party in… oh.. ten or fifteen years. There was a bugbear come threw about 70, 75 years ago. Werewolf on the loose about 40 years before that. But I keep close to the chapel, and what we been hearing about is a wee bit further than I usually get”
    “Yes, Riv, I know you believe that they were called to deal with that, but is that REALLY the way that it normally works like?” Arianne turns back to you. “none the less it is a good place to start. We have received word from Delbarton that the farmsteads and holdings further out have been being raided. neighbors will see a fires glow in the night, or Smoke during the day, but by the time anyone gets there there is nothing. People gone, livestock gone, any buildings burnt. never any survivors that were found. Until about six days ago,that is. then there were survivors. Hrolf Sigurdson built his Farmstead like a fort from what we are told, and his two youngest children were found in a cellar. they say the “dogmen” took everyone. The older one claims that they killed her father, but no bodies were found. Some humanoid footprints were found, that seemed slightly canine. there were also some canine tracks that we were told did not seem quite right.”

    ” Lady Arianne can’t go more than a mile or so from here before something or another calls her back it seems.” Riv almost seems apologetic as he continues. ” I might get that far but … lets just say I have reasons not to want to wander any more. Seeing what you all were Called so close to the times that these happened, I’m thinking that they’re tied in some how. So you lot wanta look into this for us, might help all of us figure out who brought you here and why.”

    #459

    BerticusMaximus
    Participant

    I take stock of where my knife is. Then state, “You want us to go look a farm, that might have “dogmen”, in rags and knife?”

    #461

    shewolf
    Keymaster

    “I see no reason not to check it out, but the Drow is right. We won’t accomplish anything if we head out like this.”

    #462

    Cu Dearg
    Participant

    “While I would not call what we have an armory, the storage room has recently ….acquired some interesting items.” the way Arianne paused catches the attention of Aella and Ceara. “I think you will find everything that you will NEED in there. We will be able to supply mounts, and will make sure that you have access to necessities for a time. Riv will show you to the storage room unless there are questions?”
    (everyone roll a will save and post the result, along with any dialog or actions)

    #463

    shewolf
    Keymaster

    I wonder at the pause but don’t address it.
    “So, where’s this storage room?”

    ( Will save – die roller 19 +2 = 21)

    #469

    BerticusMaximus
    Participant

    (Rolled 19+5=24)

    As I enter the room, I check for the quality items.

    (appraise roll 15+4=19)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.