the Calling Characters (post characters here)

HOME Forums PLAY-BY-POST The Calling the Calling Characters (post characters here)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Musikchik 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Cu Dearg
    Participant

D&D 3.0/3.5
    2nd level Characters, no evil alignments
    all 3.0 phb races.
    no Clerics, no Monks or Paladins dedicated to a specific god.
    start in any realm.
    3d6+1d8, drop the lowest die, nothing over 18 to start
    start with the clothes on your back. (give me a good story and I might make allowances for other items)

WARNING TO SPELLCASTERS, RANGERS AND DRUIDS. don’t expect things to work exactly like you are used to.
    I you have any questions about your character please message me

BerticusMaximus
    Participant

Szorzaer De’Arth, male Drow fighter.
    The permanent faerie fire that outlines the houses of Menzoberranzan started to come into view, I longed to see home, to once again sit with my House, rest upon my bed, eat with my brothers. I was the second son of a noble house, a truly glorious life I was graced with from out Spider mother. As I came to the exit of this rarely used tunnel that overlooked the Great City, I stopped short as I looked down, expecting to the bustle of normal life but I was stunned to see the banners of House Baenre flying high over what was my home. I stood in absolute shock as I watched my Mother’s body, as well as my sister’s and brother’s, hanging from our grand archway. I knew at that very moment I would never see Menzobrranzan again, leave behind that nobilest of names. I would never again sit among the anchient artifacts of my ancestors.
    I would have to flee and run far from this place, for if I was found to be alive surely House Baenre would have me executed. I would leave behind my life and begin anew.
    I heard footsteps walking up from behind, I turned preparing for battle, my heat skipped a beat when I meet the gaze of Jarlaxel, the leader of Bregan D’aerthe, “They are all dead now, your family that is. I can personally tell you that your brother fought bravely, but alas I had to kill him, its what I was paid to do. I was told to kill anyone in the house” He could tell that I was prepared to die right there, but he continued talking “See my young friend, you are not in the house. So I have no need to kill you, but House Baenre, they would love to see you hanging next to your mother. I have no need to loose another good fighter, your mother would not have sent you off to negotiate for that rod if you where not the best of your brothers. So here is my offer to you; you hand over the rod, that cloak, those wonderful boots and that ring, join up Bregan D’aerthe, and Ill let you live” The offer was better than I expected. I quickly removed those magical items and began my new life, he sent me away from the Great City and said he would summon me when it was safe for me to return.
    Still I wait.

BerticusMaximus
    Participant

Szorzaer De’Arth
    Drow Fighter
    str 18
    dex 19
    con 16
    int 16
    wiz 16
    cha 16
    AC 14 (dex modifer)
    Spell Resistance 13 (11 +Character level)
    HP 25
    Fort 6
    REf 4
    Wil 3 (5 vs enchantment charm spells and effects)
    Feats
    Toughness +3 to HP
    Dodge +1 to AC
    Point Blank Shot.

Ranked Skill (including stat modifiers)
    Appraise 4
    Climb 8
    intimidate 5
    knowledge the plane 4
    Listen 5 ( racial modifier of +2)
    ride 7
    search 7 (racial modifier of +2)
    spot 7 (racial modifier of +2)
    Languages Drow, Undercommon, Common, Elvin, Goblin.
    Immunity to magical sleep effects
    +2 vs enchantment charm spells
    120 Dark Vision
    Dancing lights 1 Per day (racial benefit)
    Faerie Fire 1 Per day ” ”
    Darkness 1 Per day ” ”

shewolf
    Keymaster

Aella Latalica, human ranger

Aella was ten when goblins destroyed the secluded woodland village her family called home. A few people had survived the raid and cared for the orphans the goblins left behind, but Aella was a troublesome child and spent as much time running off into the surrounding woods as she did in what remained of the village. She learned what she could from the adults that tried to care for her and learned the rest from the elven scouts that had befriended the headstrong human girl.

In the first years following the goblin attack, Aella would return to the remains of the village when the adults came looking for her. When they quit coming after her, she ventured farther and farther away.
    She doesn’t like towns and avoids them if possible, preferring solitude in the woods above any sort of so-called civilization.

shewolf
    Keymaster

Aella Latalica
    Human Ranger

STR 11
    DEX 16
    CON 14
    INT 13
    WIS 14
    CHA 13

AC 13 (10 + dex mod)
    HP 18
    FORT +5
    REF +6
    WIL +2

Feats:
    Track (free to rangers)
    Self-Sufficient
    Quick Draw
    Two-Weapon Fighting (ranger combat style)

Favored enemy: goblin (+2 Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot & Survival vs goblins. +2 dmg vs goblins)
    Wild Empathy

Ranked Skills (including static bonuses)
    Bluff +2
    Climb +1
    Concentration +4
    Craft (fletcher) +2
    Forgery +2
    Handle Animal +3
    Heal +6
    Hide +5
    Intimidate +2
    Jump +1
    Knowledge (geography) +2
    Knowledge (nature) +2
    Listen +4
    Move Silently +5
    Perform (song) +2
    Profession (fletcher) +3
    Ride +5
    Search +3
    Spot +4
    Survival +6
    Swim +2
    Use Rope +2
    Wilderness Lore +4

Languages: Common, Elvish

Musikchik
    Participant

Ceara
    Gnome Bard

STR 8
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 14
    WIS 11
    CHA 18

AC 15 (10 + dex mod + size)
    HP 18
    FORT +4
    REF +7
    WIL +3

Atk:
    Melee +1
    Ranged +6

Feats:
    Melodic Casting

Class Abilities:
    Bardic music (2/day), bardic knowledge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage

Skills:
    bluff 5 + 4 = 9
    concentration : Use Performance
    diplomacy 5 + 4 = 9
    knowledge arcana 5 + 2 = 7
    knowledge planes 5 + 2 = 7
    perform 5 + 4 = 9
    spellcraft 5 + 2 = 7
    use magic device 5 + 4 = 9

Languages:
    Common, Daconic, Gnome, Goblin

Bard Spells:
    0th 3/day
    Lullaby
    Songbird
    Prestidigitation
    Summon Instrument
    Detect Magic

1st 1/day
    Grease
    Sleep

Racial Abilities:
    Low-Lght Vision
    +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
    Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by rock gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
    +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
    +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type.

Spell-Like Abilities:
    1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute), dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation.
    Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + Cha modifier + spell level.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Musikchik.

Musikchik
    Participant

Ceara is a gnome of 42 years. She may be small to a human or an elf but is on the taller side for a gnome and will say so to anyone that says different. She first learned the power of words from her home place Numeria where the stories of the great rock from the sky that created the mountains led an entire religion. She left at 23 when she started to see this religion turn people against people and make people disfigur themselves in hopes of becoming better. She left the life of technology at the expense of others for a life of adventure and using the gift of speech for better. She spent the next 15 years collecting knowledge and stories from around Golarion. And the following 4 wondering as a story teller.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.